How to Use TP-Link and Netgear Powerline Network Adapters Together
I did some searching the other day to see if I could use my TP-Link AV1000 powerline network adapter kitand aNetgearPL1000 network adapter togetherand couldn’t find many results. The good news is, you can! Here’s how to use your TP-Link and Netgear powerline adapters together.
- Make sure your TP-Link Powerline Adapters are Set Upand Working
- Download and install the TP-Link utility for your powerline adapter (AV1000 compatible utility)
- Open up the software and click on “Secure” in the side menu.
- In the pop-up that asks you for a network name choose “Use Default Name”. This should default to “HomePlugAV”. If it doesn’t, make sure that’s the name you enter and save.
- Now plugin your Netgear Powerline Adapter and make sure it is set tothe stock settings. If you’ve used it before or had it set up previously,you may need to reset it to the factory settings.
- Your Netgear powerline adapter should now locate the network and indicate it via thePick A Plug LED. You should also see an unknown device in your TP-Link utility software. That unknown device is your Netgear adapter.
Presto! You’ve now successfully connected your TP-Link powerline adapter to your Netgear powerline adapter.